jueves, 20 de octubre de 2016

POST 4: ART

"The painting has a life of its own. I try let i come through." - Jackson Pollock

Hello everyone! This week I'm going to talk about the importance of art and paintig for me.

To start, as it happened to me with music, my closeness to painting started when I was a very young person. When I was about 7 or 8 years old, my father gave me the chance to enter a oil painting academy, to which I attended until I left high school.

Even though I (and my teachers) usually painted realistic images, I always felt a intense admiration for abstract art. For example, for me always it was always a delight to appreciate paintings of Joan Miró or Vasili Kandinski.

Another artist who recently caught my attention enough (which reminds me a little of the works of Jackson Pollock) is Ushio Shinohara, a Japanese Neo-Dadaist painter who often do his work with boxer gloves, by which he hits the canvas. In 2013, he with his wife and director Zachary Heinzerling filmed a documentary about their crazy marriage in New York and the ways in wich both work together.

Here a trailer of the film, which I recommend you see:



To my taste, passionate and chaotic artists like him makes the painting has a real meaning. For me this is the true art.

Well, that’s all I have to say today.

Bye!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario