viernes, 7 de octubre de 2016

POST 2: THE BEST CONCERT I'VE HAD

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to talk about the best concert I've had: Zorbas Crisol + Dayanandrea.

Actually it wasn't a big concert as Lollapalooza or other massive festivals. This was more like a "house concert", in a little basement. It happened on April 8 this year.

Zorbas Crisol is a band of Santiago of Chile founded in the summer of 2008. It's composed of 4 members: Tomás Burgos (a guitarist), Rafael Estrada (a bassist), Vicente Pangolin (a drummer) and "Mel Odioso" (a saxophonist. They are a very masterful music players.

The name "Zorbas" came from a character (a big, black and fat cat) of the book "Historia de una gaviota y del gato que le enseñó a volar" of Luis Sepúlveda and their supreme inspiration is the band Mr. Bungle from Californa, United of States.

On the other hand, Dayanandrea is a band founded in 2002, also from Santiago. It's composed of 6 unknown members, but they use nicknames: "Nub Shigurath" (a clarinettist), "Arcoiris" (a saxophonist), "Karmagedon" (a bassist), "Astralopitecus" (a drummer) and "Kaskada" (another saxophonist). They, like Zorbas Crisol, wear masks and disguise themselves when they take the stage. It's crazy.

The atmosphere during the event was very "bizarre" but at the same time comical. The two bands are very strong in their musical styles, so I felt very powerful. I enjoyed it because I love this kind of music and I went with some of my best friends, like Alejandro Múñoz.

Here a live presentation of Zorbas Crisol and Dayanandrea respectively:





Well, that's all I have to say today.

Bye!

1 comentario:

  1. I never could go to a concert, for that, read about your experience results me curious.
    I'm glad that you had an experience like that.

    ResponderEliminar