viernes, 2 de diciembre de 2016

POST 9: CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME

Hello everyone! This week I'm going to talk about the possible changes that I would make to my study programme if I have the opportunity.

To start, I think sociology, my career, at my university is a bit abstract. I feel the focus is on the classic theory (which is important, but no fundamental, in my opinion) and very little in the contemporary reality. I'm particulary interested in current problems like "Hikkomori" (coming from Japan, but now spread all over the world, even in Chile), the social networks and the despersonalization.

On the other hand, the workload of studies is sometimes a little hard, but in general it's tolerable. At least I have time to enjoy my hobbies and see movies. However, althrough there are times when I find it annoying to study (I'm very disorganized with that), I think the thoroughness is necessary.
The people don't go to college to be given the degree as a gift. "If I study what I want, it will no matter to me that the teachers demand me" said one person in a TV commercial.

As for the faculty irself,  I would like to have better the lack of space. The cafeterias, for example, fills very quickly at the lunch time. The same thing happens with the libraries. It's as if the campus was like Kowloon.

In spite of this, the kind of people you meet is fantastic and really interesting. From teachers to classmates. Being in my faculty is like being in my second home. Beyond the structural problems, I think the important thing is that, the human environment, and in that my faculty has nothing to envy to any university in the world.

Well, that's all to have to say.
Bye!






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario